Sunday, November 22, 2009

30th Week



Wow, I'm at 30 weeks this week, which means....technically, I could have anywhere between 7 to 12 weeks left! Who knows if he will come early or late, but I am ready either way! So, what is the latest.....


We (my amazingly helpful and motivational friend Gin and I) finished painting his room, organized all the clothes we have gotten, put together the changing table, and unwrapped about a thousand diapers from my awesome diaper cake Anne made from my previous shower! The changing table looks awesome and Sam even said, "If I had know it was gonna be that nice, I would have put it together a long time ago!". I laughed and asked what he thought it would look like and, of course, his answer was inaudible! Boys!! Anyway, his room is coming along and now I just need to get a dresser, armour, and crib and we'll be set!! My wonderful Mom, however, did have the bassinet I slept in as a baby sent to Atlanta this week and Sam and I went to pick it up yesterday! It has been in our family since my brother was born, which means (sorry Doug), it is over 42 years old. I think that is extremely cool, not to mention, I think my cousin used it and Paige used it for her kids! I love family tradition! It makes my heart smile!! Thanks Mom!!


So, how are we??? Maddux is as active as ever. He is growing, but since I have been on the diabetes diet, I have not gained any weight (even though my mom swears I have 3 babies in my belly because it is so big). I guess the food I am eating is just going straight to him. I am so okay with that! Everyone I have seen this past week has been so complimentary! My friends have been so sweet about my clothes and say I look cute prego. It is amazing how at the is point in my pregnancy, I am as big as a house, yet my friends are making me feel amazingly pretty! Thanks ya'll, it is really appreciated!! You really don't know how nice it is to feel good when you are so out of whack!!


Back to Maddux....So, I went to the doctor and she was fine with all the numbers I had been getting with my blood sugars....except my morning readings. She said she as worried, but could put me on a pill that could help. Turns out the pill is made with Sulfa in it and I am allergic to Sulfa. So, I played phone tag with the doctors office all Thursday and Friday. I am not sure how the lines got crossed, but the next thing I know, my doctor tells a nurse to call me and tell me that I would then go on insulin. Shocked as I was, I decided to make an appointment and see the nutritionist asap. So, I have an appointment at 10:30 tomorrow to see what I can do. I honestly don't think I can give myself shots! My solution thus far, since seeing my doctor last week, was to eat only (or mostly) protein, and I have to say, personally, I think it has worked great! I will see in the morning when I see the nutritionist, but keep your fingers crossed! I do not want to go on insulin!


Sam and I leave for Dallas on Wednesday to go see my family! I am so excited because both my grandmothers, aunts, cousins, sister (and fam.), mom and dad will be there! I haven't seen my grandmothers, cousin and aunt since Sam and I got married! Some I haven't seen in 3 years!! I am so psyched! I am looking forward to a great family thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and we'll see you in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment